United Way of Metropolitan Nashville is excited to partner with the Governor’s Books from Birth Foundation to lead Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library program in Davidson, Williamson and Sumner counties. This program distributes free, monthly, high quality and age-appropriate books to children from birth to age five. With the Imagination Library/Books from Birth Partnership complementing the United Way Read to Succeed program, we will be able to display a clear path to literacy for children beginning at birth.
As a child’s parent or guardian, you are crucial to ensuring their success. By enrolling them in Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library program at no charge, you are not only providing them with a book—you are providing them with a love of learning, which creates a pathway to a healthy, stable and more independent life.
About the program:
- If your child lives in Davidson, Williamson or Sumner County, and is under age five, he or she can be enrolled in Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library program, regardless of family income.
- Your child will receive one age-appropriate book each month, delivered to your home from the time they are born until they reach their 5th birthday.
- This program is free for you and your family—you will never receive a bill for the books.
- You have online access to Reading Activity Sheets to coincide with the selected Imagination Library book. These are free developmental assessments which provide an easy way to help assure that your child’s early development is on track (coming soon).
- If you are able, we encourage you to support your local county’s sponsoring organization with a gift. You may do so by clicking the DONATE button below.
- If you move, you must visit the website to change your address.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A PRINTABLE REGISTRATION SLIP OR FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW.
Sign up your child:
This program is made possible by Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library in partnership with United Way of Metropolitan Nashville, the Governor’s Books from Birth Foundation, the State of Tennessee, Governor & First Lady Haslam, and generous donors who have joined together to create a pathway to high-quality education in Tennessee.