Nashville Flood Relief
United Way’s Response to the May 2010 Flood- A Look Back
United Way of Metropolitan Nashville’s response to the Nashville flood of 2010 began long before the first raindrops fell. Because United Way contributions are at work in the community 24-7-365, the structure was in place to respond. This is the story of how United Way worked with the Nashville community to respond to the flood.
Faces of the Flood
United Way of Metropolitan Nashville has mobilized community resources in a way that helps flood survivors access every ounce of help that is available to them. Dial United Way’s 2-1-1 Helpline or refer to www.211tn.org, a database of more than 7,000 local health and human service programs.
- Mobile Phone Text
Text to give $10 to United Way of Metropolitan Nashville’s Restore The Dream Fund. Text the word “RESTORE” to “UNITED” (864833).
- Give Online
Click here to give online with a credit or debit card to United Way of Metropolitan Nashville’s Restore The Dream Fund.
United Way of Metropolitan Nashville Media
- The Tennessean: Local agency stands ready to assist in any type of disaster - May 10, 2011
- Community Celebrates Restore The Dream Centers’ Success; Focuses on Remaining Flood-Impacted…, April 26, 2011
- United Way Funds Restore The Dream Centers Through Sept. 30, April 13, 2011
- Disaster Deductions Could Mean More Federal Tax Refund Dollars, February 21, 2011
- The Tennessean: Donelson to get new Restore the Dream center to aid flood recovery - January 11, 2011