Congratulations!

2018 Campaign Award Winners

At our 2019 Annual Meeting: United We Win, we honored the many companies who helped us reach our goals. Thank you to every company who ran a campaign or supported us in 2018 and to every donor who gave a gift to contribute to our community.
 
Iris Circle Award
Established in 1997 as United Way’s most prestigious award, the Iris Circle Award recognizes an organization that achieves increases in total campaign contributions; Leaders United donors; overall donors and volunteers; and corporate gift.

Rogers Group

Rogers Group increased its campaign by 11 percent by growing its number of Leaders United donors by 118 and overall donor base by 25 percent. Company leaders led the way by dramatically increasing employee engagement and volunteerism in 2018. The company’s clay shoot event in support of United Way increased by 36 percent in 2018.

Finalists: Bridgestone Americas, Inc., Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation, Cummins, Inc. and GEODIS

 

Million Dollar Campaign Award
This award recognizes companies that achieved a campaign total of $1 million or more through employee giving, corporate support and special events.

Bridgestone Americas

Raising over $1.5 million in 2018 as the No. 1 campaign, Bridgestone has tripled total giving in just two years. It grew its campaign through a golf tournament that raised nearly $700,000 to support United Way and an employee matching program. In 2018, Bridgestone experienced a 47 percent increase in Leaders United donors, with 80 percent of total employees giving.

HCA Healthcare

As the top Tocqueville Society Alpha Chapter company, HCA Healthcare’s campaign is driven by the history and legacy of Dr. Thomas F. Frist, Jr. The company matches all employee giving with an exclusive dollar-for-dollar match for Tocqueville membership, resulting in 141 Tocqueville members and a total campaign of $1.3 million.

Ingram Industries

Ingram Industries has led the way in charitable giving to United Way for many years. The annual employee giving campaign at Ingram Industries, Barge and Content Group, coupled with a generous dollar-for-dollar match, has provided more than $1 million to United Way for 10 consecutive years.

Nissan North America

Nissan North America achieved its million-dollar status primarily through the loyal support of employees at the Smyrna plant who increased their overall giving by 13 percent in 2018. Additionally, Nissan has been a generous and consistent supporter of Imagination Library of Middle Tennessee managed by United Way.

 

LIVE UNITED Award
This award recognizes a corporate partner who embodies the spirit of Living United through volunteerism, engagement, campaign best practices and a year-round commitment to fighting to improve the lives of our neighbors.

The General

The General increased its total campaign by 61 percent through year-round engagement. Town hall meetings educated employees on how their dollars were being invested in the community. Creative special events and a first-time dollar-for-dollar corporate match also incentivized increased giving.

Finalists: Cummins, Inc., The General, Kraft CPAs and Southwestern Family of Companies