United Way Careers
VITA Free Tax Prep Site Coordinator - Clarksville
**This is a temporary, part-time position**
United Way of Metropolitan Nashville is actively seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role of Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Free Tax Prep Site Coordinator. This is a seasonal role to begin January 3 with part-time employment limited to 25 hours per week through April 21, 2018.
The Clarksville VITA Free Tax Prep Site Coordinator has the vision, passion and leadership to build financial stability for low to moderate income families. The Site Coordinator will lead Clarksville’s Montgomery County Library VITA Free Tax Prep Site, coordinating free tax assistance; managing VITA volunteers; corresponding with the IRS; working with United Way staff for the site; and ensuring all IRS requirements are met for quality tax preparation services.
- Coordinates a VITA free tax prep site to serve clients that live in Clarksville and surrounding counties.
- Organizes IRS-certified volunteers to support VITA free tax prep site operations.
- Builds the relationship with library staff on location to ensure open communication and solid programming for the community.
- Follows IRS VITA protocol to ensure quality site operations and effectively manage site operations.
- Ensures VITA site location appropriately meets the needs of the clients, volunteers and program’s requirements. Communicates with clients and volunteers daily as well as UWMN staff weekly.
- Responsible for ensuring that all tax returns are treated confidentially and submitted to the IRS within 24 hours.
- Is available onsite at all times the VITA site is in operation, as well as before and after to ensure site is operating appropriately.
- Participates in and attends meetings and training related to VITA.
- Assists Middle Tennessee tax site coordinators, as requested by supervisor.
Top candidates will demonstrate a passion for wealth creation and financial stability among low- and moderate- income individuals and families. He/she will have a desire to lead a rapidly growing, high performance program and possess the following experience:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and comfort responding quickly to new opportunities and changing environment;
- Exceptional interpersonal and speaking abilities;
- Experience in program leadership with management and business development experience;
- Ability to relate to people of varied economic, racial, ethnic & religious backgrounds;
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix minor networking, computer, and printer issues without assistance;
- Experience with individual income tax preparation and/or accounting a plus; will be required to become Advanced Level, IRS-certified by January 17, 2018;
- High School Diploma/GED Required; Associates preferred.
Training for this position occurs in Nashville, and this position will work days, evenings, and Saturdays from January to April.
Click here to learn more about United Way's VITA Free Tax Prep program.