United Way Careers
Community & Workplace Engagement Internship (Spring 2018 & Summer 2018)
The Community & Workplace Engagement Intern will provide support for the day-to-day activities of the Community Engagement & Workplace Engagement (Fundraising) departments at United Way of Metropolitan Nashville (UWMN). The Community Engagement team coordinates all UWMN’s corporate and community volunteer events. The Workplace Engagement team builds relationships with UWMN’s corporate partners and manages their fundraising campaigns.
Candidates applying for this internship must be currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate courses related to Non-Profit Management, Public Relations, Communications, or other related fields. Internships do not provide compensation and are for academic credit only. Applicants will be required to submit proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university internship program, unofficial transcripts and degree path.
Areas of Responsibility
- Day-to-day work in the Community Engagement and Workplace Engagement Departments
- Work with the Community Engagement specialist to plan for a corporate volunteer Day of Action. This event will gather 150 corporate volunteers to beautify, paint, garden, landscape and clean an area in need.
- Assist account mangers by helping set-up for campaign kickoffs, leadership breakfasts and special events
- Help track and manage volunteers for all United Way Days of Action
- Work with the Workplace Engagement team to grow campaign revenue for accounts
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Basic computing and database management skills
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
- Ability to manage multiple projects, utilize critical thinking and problem solving skills
To apply for this internship, please email your resume, cover letter, unofficial transcript and degree path to HR. Please be sure to indicate which semester you are applying for.