United Way Careers
VITA Free Tax Prep Site Coordinator - Goodlettsville
**This is a temporary, part-time position**
United Way of Metropolitan Nashville is actively seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role of Goodlettsville VITA Site Coordinator. This is a seasonal role to begin January 3, 2018 and end April 20, 2018. In January, this position will work 25 hours per week. In February and through April 20, this position will work 35 hours per week.
The UWMN Goodlettsville VITA Site Coordinator has the vision, passion and leadership to build financial stability for low to moderate income families. The Site Coordinator will lead UWMN’s Goodlettsville VITA Site, coordinating free tax assistance; managing VITA volunteers; corresponding with IRS; working with United Way staff for the site; and ensuring all IRS requirements are met for quality tax preparation services.
- Coordinates a free VITA Site, tax assistance program, to serve clients that earn low to moderate wages.
- Coordinates calendars for and manage IRS-trained volunteers to support the VITA Site operations.
- Builds the relationship with WorkForce Essentials staff on location to ensure open communication and solid programming for the community.
- Follows IRS VITA protocol to ensure quality site operations and effectively manage site operations.
- Ensures VITA Site location appropriately meets the needs of the clients, volunteers and program’s requirements. Communicate with clients and volunteers daily as well as UWMN staff weekly.
- Responsible in making sure that all tax returns are treated confidentially and submitted to the IRS within 24 hours.
- Is available onsite at all times the VITA site is in operation, as well as before and after to ensure the site is operating appropriately.
- Participates in and attends meetings and training related to VITA as scheduled.
- Assists Middle Tennessee tax site coordinators, as requested by supervisor.
Top candidates will demonstrate a passion for wealth creation and financial stability among low- and moderate- income individuals and families. He/she will have a desire to lead a rapidly growing, high performance program and possess the following experience:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and comfort responding quickly to new opportunities and changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and speaking abilities;
- Experience in program leadership with management and business development experience;
- Ability to relate to people of varied economic, racial, ethnic & religious backgrounds;
- Proficiency in MS Office;Ability to troubleshoot and fix minor networking, computer, and printer issues without assistance;
- Experience with individual income tax preparation and/or accounting a plus; will be required to become Advanced, IRS-certified by January 17, 2018;
- High School Diploma/GED Required; Associates preferred.
Training for this position occurs in Nashville, and this position will work days, evenings, and Saturdays from January to March.
Click here to learn more about United Way's VITA Free Tax Prep program.