United Way Careers
The Marketing Coordinator contributes to the efforts of United Way of Metropolitan Nashville by managing Marketing projects in order to ensure that projects are fulfilled and accomplish the desired goals of those who request the project. Project management is executed through the processing of project request forms, routing projects to the appropriate team member, being attentive to project milestones, and seeing the project creation process through until completion. This position acts as support for the marketing team by alleviating their administrative burden by processing and tracking departmental invoices to confirm project orders are filled and to allow the Marketing department to maintain its budget. In addition, this position coordinates resources necessary for successful trade show booths and meetings in order to increase visibility and recognition for UWMN. All Marketing projects are created to lead to the acts of volunteering, advocating, and giving as well as client participation in the areas of Education, Financial Stability, and Health programs.
The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
Project Management Coordination
- Processes submitted project request forms from internal departments in order to ensure requests are fulfilled and accomplish the desired goals of those who request the project
- Assists supervisor in routing marketing orders to the appropriate marketing team member so that the creation of the order can commence without delay
- Coordinates the tracking of projects for marketing department and is attentive to project milestones to allow for communication of project status within the project completion progression
- Supports the marketing team by being attentive to project tracking milestones and communicates status to appropriate team members to ensure awareness of upcoming, critical deadlines
- Organizes and crafts email marketing communications in alignment with UWMN’s“One Voice” which allows volunteers, advocates, and donors to become engaged in UWMN’s Education, Financial Stability and Health programs
- Organizes and crafts email marketing newsletters for the Tocqueville Society and Young Leaders Society groups and routes to appropriate team for approval
- Updates tracking reports for email communications to determine open rates, click through rates, etc.
- Assists in tracking press coverage and updating staff to communicate to external stakeholders
- Analyzes email marketing campaigns and optimizes strategies to increase rates
- Ensures UWMN has correct contact information for volunteers and donors so that communications are received and lead to the acts of volunteering, advocating, and giving
- Ensures compliance and best practices in email marketing at all times
- Responsible for creating and tracking surveys and their results
- Presents all work in a manner that reflects an attention to detail and excellence (utilizes appropriate grammar, spelling and punctuation in all communications) which increases trust and brand integrity with volunteers, advocates, stakeholders, and the community
Marketing Support Functions
- Processes invoices for the marketing department including: coding, gaining appropriate signatures, and submitting invoices to finance for payment to allow proper invoice allocation and timely payments
- Distributes invoices coded to other departments in a timely manner so that departments can allocate expenses properly within its budgets
- Maintains and ensures accuracy of invoice tracking spreadsheet to allow for department heads to determine if departmental spending is an effective expenditure of resources
- Coordinates resources necessary for successful trade show booths and meetings in order to increase visibility and recognition for UWMN
- Researches emerging marketing trends, practices, and terminology in order ensure effective communication with marketing team
- Creates presentations in PowerPoint for select meetings and events
- Helps to set up events and attends as a representative of the organization
- Provides back up support to the Workplace Engagement and Major Gifts teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field or Associates Degree with 1 or more years of administrative support experience
- Administrative office support: 1 year minimum
- Familiarity with marketing trends and best practices
- Familiarity with brand perception and positioning
- Project coordination
- Basic computing and data management skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, Word and Outlook
- Online email marketing software
- Strong ability to troubleshoot email marketing software
- Written, verbal, and technological communication including grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Excellent time management
- Valid Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance
- Mission Driven: Focuses on needs and aspirations of the community by telling the “United Way story” to help others understand the importance of volunteering, advocating, and giving as well as encourage client participation in the areas of Education, Financial Stability, and Health programs. This is in order to create a community where individuals, families and neighborhoods thrive.
- Effective Communication: Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and technological means; actively listening and expressing oneself clearly to ensure those that need specific information acquire it and to prevent extra work from being performed because of lack of cross-departmental communication. Also, the ability torepresent UWMN’s “One Voice” in all communications which allows stakeholders to trust and easily recognize the organization.
- Relationship Management: Maintains positive relationships with all members within the organization, as well as with vendors, corporate partners and volunteers; demonstrates credibility and professionalism in their interactions.
- Outcome Motivated: Creates and maintains high performance standards that allow Marketing projects to be created to lead to the acts of volunteering, advocating, and giving as well as client participation in the areas of Education, Financial Stability and Health programs.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all of the following areas: ensures all information is concise, complete, and accurate; follows detailed procedures; organizes, monitors, and maintains all system processes carefully.
- Ability to Multi-task: Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while under tight deadlines; requires excellent time management, setting priorities, and managing project plans.
- Brand Advocate: Conducts oneself in a manner that promotes integrity, trust, and strong ethics, in order to protect the reputation and results of UWMN.
- Problem Solving/Critical Thinking: Differentiates between when supervisory input is needed and when it is not; identifies opportunities and develops plans to execute; Identifies problems, gathers facts and appropriate resources to resolve issues.
- Initiative and Creativity: Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision.
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance.
- Employee spends a majority of time seated; working at a desk in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
To apply for this position, please click here.