United Way Careers
VITA Free Tax Prep Site Assistant - FIC
**This is a temporary, part-time position**
United Way of Metropolitan Nashville is actively seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role of VITA Site Assistant. This is a seasonal role to begin January 3, 2018 with part time employment (16 hours a week) through April 18, 2018.
The UWMN VITA Free Tax Prep Site Assistant has the vision, passion and leadership to build financial stability for low to moderate income families. The Site Assistant will work in the Sam Levy VITA Site, coordinating free tax assistance; managing VITA volunteers; managing the VITA site; working with United Way staff for the Site; and ensuring all IRS requirements are met for quality tax preparation services.
- Assist the coordinator at one of Nashville’s largest VITA Free Tax Prep sites, to serve low-to-moderate income clients.
- Coordinate schedules for IRS-certified volunteers to support the VITA Site operations.
- Follow IRS VITA protocol to ensure quality site operations and effectively manage day-to-day site operations as requested by the site coordinator.
- Ensures VITA Site location appropriately meets the needs of the clients, volunteers and program’s requirements. Communicates with clients, volunteers and site employees daily.
- Is available onsite while the site is in operation (including daytime, evening, and Saturdays), as well as before and after to ensure site is operating appropriately
Top candidates will demonstrate a passion for wealth creation and financial stability among low- and moderate- income individuals and families. He/she will have a desire to lead a rapidly growing, high performance program and possess the following experience:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and comfort responding quickly to new opportunities and changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and speaking abilities
- Ability to relate to people of varied economic, racial, ethnic & religious backgrounds
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Experience with professional tax preparation a plus; will be required to become Advanced Level, IRS-VITA Certified by January 17, 2018.
- High School Diploma/GED Required
Click here to learn more about United Way's VITA Free Tax Prep program.