United Way Careers
VITA Free Tax Prep Site Coordinator - Workplace Engagement
**This is a seasonal role**
United Way of Metropolitan Nashville is actively seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role of Workplace Engagement Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Free Tax Prep Site Coordinator. This is a seasonal role to begin January 3, 2018 with full-time employment at 35 hours per week through March 30, 2018.
The UWMN Workplace Engagement Free Tax Prep Site Coordinator has the vision, passion and leadership to build financial stability for key companies. The Site Coordinator will lead UWMN’s WPE Free Tax Prep Site, coordinating free tax assistance; corresponding with corporate partners; working with United Way staff for the site; and ensuring all IRS requirements are met for quality tax preparation services.
- Coordinates a free tax assistance program to serve clients that work at some of Nashville’s largest companies.
- Builds relationships with Workplace Engagement and company stakeholders to spread the word about free tax preparation for employees.
- Follows IRS VITA Free Tax Prep protocol to ensure quality site operations and effectively manage site operations.
- Ensures VITA Free Tax Prep site locations meet the needs of the clients and program’s requirements.
- Responsible in making sure that the sites operate on schedule and in compliance with standards.
- Is available onsite at all times that the VITA site is in operation, as well as before and after to ensure site is operating appropriately
- Participates in and attends meetings and training related to VITA.
- Assists Middle Tennessee tax site coordinators, as requested by supervisor
Top candidates will demonstrate a passion for wealth creation and financial stability among low- and moderate- income individuals and families. He/she will have a desire to lead a rapidly growing, high performance program and possess the following experience:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and comfort responding quickly to new opportunities and changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and speaking abilities
- Experience in program leadership with management and business development experience
- Ability to relate to people of varied economic, racial, ethnic & religious backgrounds
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to troubleshoot and fix minor networking, computer, and printer issues without assistance
- Experience with VITA Free Tax Prep or paid tax preparation a plus; will be required to become Advanced IRS-certified by January 17, 2018
- High School Diploma/GED Required; Associates preferred.
Training for this position occurs in Nashville, and this position will work days and limited Saturdays from January to March.
Click here to learn more about United Way's VITA Free Tax Prep program.