Promoting early childhood literacy
This holiday season, give the gift of reading.
Your gift will ensure children in Middle Tennessee receive new, developmentally-appropriate books delivered right to their doors each and every month, at no cost to families.
- $60 will deliver one book per month for 5 children for an entire year
- $240 will enroll an entire Read to Succeed preschool class in
the Imagination Library program
- $960 will pay for the complete Imagination Library - 60 books from birth to
age 5 - for 16 children in Middle Tennesee
The Imagination Library of Middle Tennesee, in partnership with United Way of Metropolitan Nashville and Governor's Books from Birth, provides one book per month to children from birth through 5 across Davidson, Williamson and Sumner counties to boost language acquisition, literacy skills and kindergarten readiness.
The gift that lasts a lifetime.
When you give to Imagination Library, you're providing a child in our community with so much more than books. You're giving the gift of a brighter future.
PNC Bank just announced a $25,000 grant to support Imagination Library of Middle Tennesee and has challenged the community to match that donation with an additional $25,000. Will you help us meet this challenge?
Why Early Literacy Matters:
- Reading aloud is widely recognized as the single most important activity
leading to literacy acquisition.
- Only 48% of children in the United States are read to each day.
- Children who have not developed basic literacy skills by the time they enter school are 3-4 times more likely to drop out.
This holiday season, we hope that you will consider
making an investment in our children.
Imagination Library of Middle Tennessee Updates
Imagination Library’s 5 Millionth Book Celebration
Join us as we celebrate providing 5 million books for kids in Middle Tennessee.
books distributed in 2018